[access-uk] Re: microsoft

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:22:24 +0100

I tend to agree with Graham specifically on the access front.  My humble
opinion here is that it is not likely to be the big issue that everyone fears.
There will be an issue of retraining though and Office 2007 is a bit of a worry
at the moment too.  This is where I think George's fear lies which I
understand.  Somewhat to that end I am trying to document the gotchas and find
relatively few, but I do find things that will irritate people currently using
Windows now.

Ironically (and for the first time) from what I have been able to observe at
first hand with this Windows changeover it is not so much the accessibility but
all the other rather more mainstream issues that will be the problem.  I did
recognise one or two of the issues George mentioned as ones I have come accross.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support