[access-uk] looking for a new phone

  • From: Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: A general technology discussion list <the-tech-zone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phones and Tabs." <mobile.accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, eyes-free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, keyboardusers <keyboardusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sayeverything <sayeverything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tb-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 07:51:11 +0530

Hi all.
I am in the market for a new phone.
I require the following specs.
1.      Please tell me if there is any keyboard and touch phone available
in the market that upgrades to android 4.0 or higher I have never used
a touch screen device so i just thinking if I can be able to use it
2.      Also can you please give me podcast links or tutorials to learn how
to use a touch screen device?
3.      I am thinking to go for moto g but the only problem with it is it
has non expandable storage of 16 GB but will the 16 GB be enough for
the common apps that most of us use? I don't require music on the
phone but yes I may download books from book share later on
4.      I require a phone with 5inchs or less display size as I travel a lot
5.      Even if it doesn't support lte it doesn't matter.
6.      Should have stock or nearing stock android.
7.      Even if it doesn't come with android 4.0 out of the box it doesn't
matter unless it has a cm rom which I can flash
8.      Please recommend a good phone for me friends
9.      I am also thinking about the new nokia x1 and the x+ android phones
but some people told me it's not stock android doesn't have a play
store but yesterday I got news that its hackable to run google apps
should I go for the phone.
10.     Yes very important for me as I am a geek and will try different
roms on my phone I require a phone if it bricks I mean soft bricks
when flashing it can be restored easily

austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto