[access-uk] Re: is the Synology web innterface navigable and accessible with screen readers?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:08:34 +0100

Hi John.

Synology's web interface is navigable with jaws with training. i've set up synology stations for people in the past, and they can be made to work. I'm totally blind for reference. Its a case of memorising and perhaps labeling the buttons using your prefered screen reader. Please drop me a note off list with the kind of thing you're trying to do, i may be able to suggest alternatives or even let you try out the interface. I would rather not publish log info to the list for obvious reasons if i can get you access to an interface, so direct contact would be preferable.

all the best,

Mo.

On 22/05/2013 15:42, John Land wrote:
I would like to buy a Synology ds412+ for nas storage but at £500, it is a bit expensive to buy on spec, in case it is not configurable with jaws or window-eyes due to the graphics overlay. In this respect we can't try before we buy! Has anyone tried synology's web interface? or any ideas on how to evade this vicious circle?
John