[access-uk] Re: iPhone and the screen curtain

  • From: Edward Green <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 20:05:36 +0100

Hi Ian,

Amusing thing to do in a phone shop to the display models though.

Cheers,

Ed

On 14 Jun 2015, at 20:01, Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The thing to avoid is also turning off speech accidentally which is done with
a three finger double tap. that way no one can see the screen and you can’t
have the phone speak to you unless you turn speech back on with a three
finger double tap when VO announces speech on. In my early days of iPhone
use I got into just such a pickle.
On 14 Jun 2015, at 18:25, martin wilsher <martinwilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes, the screen curtain is a privacy thing. When vo comes on, turn screen
curtain on by three finger triple tap. Vo will remember to turn screen
curtain on when you next turn vo on. To disable screen curtain with vo on,
say, if you want to show someone a number from a contact, triple tap with
three fingers, vo will say screen curtain off. Triple tap with three fingers
to turn it on again. Vo will disable screen curtain when turned off, so
turn vo off, screen curtain goes.