[access-uk] Re: html and plain text

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:01:22 -0000

Different systems treat outgoing mail differently.  A friend of mine has all
his email settings at text only but once the outgoing email goes through
exchange server to be sent then a long disclaimer is attached to the email
and it is converted to html.  He has no control over this and hence all the
companys email is sent in html.  as Ray indicated, web based eamil is
usually setnt in html by default as it often contains fancy fonts and
images.  This is the preferred format for advertising to be sent as you can
simply click on web links in html email rather than copy and pasting them
into the browser.

hth,

Mark Threadgold

www.ccr100.co.uk