[access-uk] Re: headings in word

  • From: "yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:10:46 +0100

Thanks David, That was brilliant.
Yusuf
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Dick" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:54 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: headings in word

Styles various

For automatic heading styles use Alt-Ctrl and 1, 2, 3, for 16, 14, 13 in
that order.

To view style list, alt o and s

Tab to all styles and shift tab to view.

Having selected a style like l for large print, press enter to apply after
highlighting the original document.

Remember to take off the highlighting after applying.

So it is alt o and s for style, press l for large print in this case and
enter.

Take off the highlight and it should be there.

To make a new style-  type a few words and set what attributes you wish to
have in that particular style.

Highlight all, alt o and s for styles.

Alt n for new or tab across and enter name for new style.

Tab across to check box "add to template" and select it with space bar

Tab to ok and enter twice to return to document.

To delete a style, alt o and s for styles, find the one to be removed, and
use alt d to delete, confirm with enter.

However, to remove a particular style within a document, use ctrl/shift and
n for normal.

Examples of preset word styles

Style 1

This is a Heading

Having imposed style 1 with ctrl-alt (right) on the above a check proves it
is indeed in 16 point and bold.

The other one of general interest may well be style 2 which is in 14 point
italic bold suitable for sub-headings  as below.

Style 2

Perhaps a sub-heading

And lastly in style 3 the print is in 13 point bold as illustrated below (check with np 4 for attributes

Style 3

So this is written in style three.

Another style of interest may be :- l for large print 16 point for example.

Alt o and s for style, followed by l for large print having highlighted the
document first.

-----

Kind Regards
David Dick