[access-uk] Re: gps receivers

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:29:11 +0100

Hi,
I've used them both with Trekker and I would just about go with the
Globalsat model.  The Globalsat is slightly bigger than the Holux
GPslim 236 but as you say has better battery life and in my opinion
gets a better fix.  The holux does have the advantage of a slide
power switch where as the Globalsat has a press button - its not a
big deal but more personal preference.

I bought the Holux when my Globalsat had to go back and like it
enough to keep it as a spare.  I still have the holux and it is very
good but I mainly use it when I don't have the pockets and want a
small lite receiver to take with me.