[access-uk] Re: fw: Series of features on the accessibility of newspaper websites Message List

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:58:32 -0000

It does now,, sorry.

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 2:54 PM
Subject: [access-uk] fw: Series of features on the accessibility of newspaper websites Message List

This was posted a few minutes ago on Vi-gen.  Do hope some here will
pick up on this opportunity to comment and maybe give input on
newspaper websites.

Series of features on the accessibility of newspaper websites
Message List

Hello,

I write for the new media news website Journalism.co.uk.

I wanted to let this group know about a series of features we are
publishing this week on our website on how accessible the UK's main
newspaper websites are to blind and visually impaired users.

We have begun the series today with an introductory article and the
first review looking at the website of The Independent newspaper. A
link to the introductory article is as follows:
http://www.journalism.co.uk/5/articles/530590.php

We will be publishing two more articles in this series each day this
week all of which can be accessed through the introductory article for
which I have included the link.

We realise that our own website has some flaws in accessibility and we
are working on these, but thought this series might be of interest to
users of this group.

Let me know if you have any feedback or feel free to contribute on our
site to the comments on the articles,

Laura

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: