[access-uk] Re: frustrated skype user

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 20:00:20 -0400

Just remember what one person calls accessible may not be so for another. What is or is considered accessible largely depends on what screenreader a person uses, how well they know and can use their screenreader and how badly they want to be able to use an application. *g*

I have used skype for 10 years now and from before the time there were skype scripts. I used skype text messages from before Doug was able to script them by finding and using miranda with the skype plugin . These days on my old hardware and win xp, I mostly use skype 3.8 still and only keep a portable copy of the latest and greatest around in case I ever need it. I have used gw connect also and like it but since I use skype also so that U.S. based friends can call our skype-in number, gw connect with its advertising would drive me bonkers if used full time. *g*

hth

Doris

At 10:09 PM 8/21/2013 +0100, you wrote:
This is just so not true. I am using the latest version of Skype with JAWS with no problems. With Doug Lee's Skype scripts, Skype works just fine with JAWS.

Iain

Sent from my iPhone