[access-uk] for adrien re xp sp3

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:36:10 -0000

Hi Adrien, there's no quick fix to this. You will have to slipstream sp3 into your windows cd. If you've never slipstreamed before you may need help to do it. There are tutorials on how to slipstream and burn an updated install cd, but it's quite involved. To give you an idea of what's involved it's a 3 stage process. First, having set windows to show hidden files you'd need to make a folder and copy the contents of your windows cd into it. Make another folder and extract the service pack 3 contents into it. Then slipstream, which is just a matter of entering the command into the run box. Thirdly you need to burn your updated cd. As it needs to be bootable you'll need either to extract the boot image from your windows cd or download it. If you've never burned a bootable cd you may find it helpful to have someone with you. I can send you instructions, if you want to try to do it, although as I said it's quite involved. Let me know and I'll put some instructions together. I use nero, so can only tell you how to do it using Nero. If you use a different burning program you'd need to find out how to make a bootable cd with it.

                   John.