[access-uk] Re: family filter

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:18:04 +0100

hello.

personally, i would use k9 web protection. of all the ones paid and free that i've tried, it does the most reasonable job while not compromising on quality. its accessible as well and totally free for personal use. you can filter the entire PC or just 1 user. of course, there's also windows parental controls though i've never relied heavily on them or tested them, prefering to find a stand-alone sollution. the link is:

http://www.k9webprotection.com/

Hope that helps,

Mo.

On 06/06/2013 01:41, Husna Begum wrote:
hi,
what sort of family filter do you use for kids using your computer to go on to the internet? my son uses my computer and i was thinking of putting some sort of filter on so he couldn't access inappropriate material on the net. how easy is it to put it on, is the one that comes with AVG good enough? can you put the filter for one particular user so it doesn't limit any one else?
thanks, Husna