[access-uk] Re: emailing lists for the blind

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:59:39 -0000

Sorry folks, but I think that just maybe you're missing the point here.

I'm guessing that Damon is objecting to the phrase 'the blind' as similarly
others object to
'the disabled'.  In other words, a convenient quick phrase like this denies our
individuality.  Maybe instead something along the lines,

email lists for blind people

Incidentally, 'blind' can, or could mean those with some vision if you accept
'blind' in the
legal sense.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: