[access-uk] Re: earphone question

  • From: Omar Iqbal <omar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 15:17:43 +0100

Hi Joe,

Typically, when plugging in earphones/headphones into an android device, they get detected by the phone automatically, so there is no need to enable an earphone option. The detection isn't audible however, so you may need to go into an app that creates/plays sounds that you can turn up or down. If you have talk back enabled however (unless the volume is turned all the way down that you can't hear talk back speaking whilst you navigate the screen), you should hear it talking through your earphones as you navigate your device. If you feel the phone vibrating as you navigate the screen, but don't hear anything through the speakers or earphones, then the volume may be turned down and it is outputting the sound through the headphones. You can turn up the talk back volume back up by pressing and holding one finger on the center of the screen and turning the volume up using the volume rocker, typically situated on the side of the device.

On the other hand, if you plug in your headphones and you can still hear the speech through the speakers, then your headphone jack may be faulty and your best bet is to contact the manufacturer/seller and explain to them that your headphone jack may be faulty. They should be able to provide you with a solution.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch on or off list, or via the mediums listed in my signature.

Please let me know how you get on.

All the best,

Omar.

--
Omar Iqbal
ViTech Solutions

On 06/07/2016 12:02, Joe Bollard (Redacted sender everton274 for DMARC) wrote:

When I got my android phone about six weeks ago along with the phone in the box was a USB lead and a set of earphones for the phone, however on inserting the earphones in to the phone itself I don’t get any response, I have tested the earphones on my mp3 player and they work perfectly, I must have something switched off on the phone, where can I look to turn the earphone function on? Any help will be really appreciated god bless, travel safely, joe.,