[access-uk] dvd-rw drive error help needed

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:58:15 +0100

hi all, this one's got me totally lost! the error message says: d:\ is not
accessible, incorrect function, (d:\ is my dvd RW drive). this came up this
afternoon. i was backing data up to dvd and the first 2 discs were fine. i'm
using nero 7 by the way. partway through the 3rd disc i was doing, nero gave
me an error just saying it couldn't complete the task. since then i've not
been able to use my dvd RW drive to access either blank or home produced
data discs. i can run installation discs for programs etc. i've uninstalled
all burning software on here, i've unplugged the drive, restarted the pc and
tried to remove it's drivers so i'd have to reinstall the hardware once the
drive was plugged in again. for some reason though, windows XP always picks
the drive up again without any help from me. i've tried searching on the net
but no joy there. microsofts support centre just goes on about this problem
relating to version 4 or earlier of easy cd creator, which i've never had on
here so isn't a lot of help.  any help would be gratefully received as i'm
out of options at this end! smile.
kevin (lord L)
"Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without
notice." - will durant
email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx