[access-uk] Re: dell minney netbook 9 inch

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 02:17:02 -0000

Hi
The Ethernet port is at the back of the right edge - it looks like a modem connection. I don't know her setup but if she has a modem it should connect to this port, and she should go into Control Panel, Network Connections, find the lan port and go into properties. In these properties she should go down the list till she finds tcp/ip and look at their properties. In most cases the 2 options should be ticked for automatic. (This is usually the default). The machine should then connect automatically through her router to the Internet.
Gordon McFarlane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hannah Day" <hannahday2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>