[access-uk] data transfer from an old Desktop to a new laptop

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:11:27 -0000

Hi,

I've just inherited a Pentium 4 laptop. Not sure of the rest of the spec
because it won't arrive till Monday.

What I want to know is can I use the data transfer wizard to transfer from an
old Desktop running win200 and JFW 4.51  to my laptop running XP Pro? In
particular, can I transfer the Jfw 4.51 onto the lap top in this manner without
having to faf about with removing it first from the desktop saving the auth
key, reinstalling it onto the laptop and reauthorising it?

Thanks for anything on this

Colin