[access-uk] Re: conversion of wordstar 6 document files to word files

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:22:33 +0100

Hi Alexander,

Why not get yourself the HABit Wordstar Converter, which
converts formatted files produced by the MS-DOS WordStar
word processor into plain text or HTML files that can easily
be read or loaded into modern word processors.

It's essentially free, from:-
http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/habit/wsconvrm.htm

George.

Shannon
> Sent: 06 May 2005 14:58
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] conversion of wordstar 6 document
files
> to word files
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if anyone on this list can advise me on the
following please.

> My wife has some old WordStar 6 document files that she
wrote
> around 1994 which we would like to convert into Word
files
> with .doc extensions.
>
> I have been in contact with Colin Howard , who is a member
of
> this list and has a copy of WordStar 3, and he has tried
> convert the files from WordStar to Word Perfect 5.1 and
then
> from Word Perfect 5.1 to Word, but there are still some
> strange characters appearing that are not required, so if
> anyone can advise  me on a suitable way of converting
these
> files I would appreciate it.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.
>

> Alexander Shannon

link:-