[access-uk] Re: can I get Text Pal to open doc files automatically

  • From: "barrie moxon" <s.moxon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:57:47 -0000

hi Mark.
thanks work a treat.
Barrie.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 4:04 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: can I get Text Pal to open doc files automatically

Hi Barrie, try the following.

From within 'My Computer' or Windows Explorer, select an appropriate file
(in this case a .doc file). Right click it or press the Applications key,
and select the 'Open With' Sub-menu. Note you could also press the
accelerator key H. Once in here, arrow down to 'Choose program or press C.
Now, arrow down to Text pal, and Tab to the checkbox entitled 'Always use
the selected program to open this kind of file'. From here, the default
button should be ok, so simply press enter, and with a bit of luck the file
should not only launch in Text Pal this time, but on future occasions too.

HTH.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews