[access-uk] back to work I think

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:14:27 +0100

Hi all.

Are there any student or practicing Social Workers on the list who would
assist me prepare for an interview?

I have, perhaps, two interviews coming up soon.  These are Community Care
Social Worker, and Social Worker with Children Affected by Disability.

Although qualified, I have failed my last ten interviews, over the last four
years.  Although each unsuccessful application affects one's confidence, I'm
convinced that my blindness is playing a bigger part, as I require space for
I.T equipment.  Nevertheless, my confidence is at rock bottom, so it's time
to get angry and informed.

As it has been four years, there are a number of areas which I need to brush
up on and as I have limited access to written material,   So anyone who has
text on any of the following areas, who would attach details to me, would be
a friend in deed.

Areas:

Free Nursing Care; current situation in Scotland.
Disability Discrimination Act; The story so far.
Direct Payments Scheme.
Joint working and and the Single Assessment process.
People Affected by Disabilities.
Special Needs Education in Scotland.  Current provision.
Social Inclusion;  the st

Best wishes.
Andy from sunny Kilcreggan

** vacation ## d