[access-uk] all 4 and inability to sign in?

  • From: <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 00:39:51 +0100

Hello,

Has anyone used all 4 (channels 4 on demand service)?

I have used it a few weeks ago and at least the registration process was
relatively easy. However, now I'm on another computer, it seems impossible
to sign in.

When I go to http://all4.com and click on sign in link, there is no real
content. Nowhere visible to a screen reader to input the details to sign in.

If I go to a particular show which demands users to sign in because of
"adult/offensive" content, I also cannot sign in. An example is this page
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/not-safe-for-work/on-demand?msg_id=DM7026
<http://www.channel4.com/programmes/not-safe-for-work/on-demand?msg_id=DM702
6&nl_bid=385288176> &nl_bid=385288176 when I click on the link to accept the
warning it asks me to sign in. I can input my email address, but whenever I
try to enter a password, no matter what I do, anything I type just does not
appear on the screen, it's very odd, it's almost like the password field is
an "read only" edit box even though it is not.

This is with jaws, when I go to the same page with NVDA, it can't even see
the play button so I can't even get to the stage of trying to sign in. When
I go to the regular homepage and the sign in link with NVDA, I get same
results, just the skip navigation link that takes you nowhere because, well,
at least to the screen readers, there's nothing there.

So, I don't know if channel 4 just had a huge redesign and messed things up,
we never were able to successfully sign in or I'm just using crappy screen
readers lol (yes yes I didn't try it with wineyes as don't have it on this
machine yet).

I have not tried to use IOS or Android apps for now, but even if I can
successfully watch the content I want to, this should not mean that website
should be so poor!

So, has anyone else had any experience with all 4? Were they the same? Are
they work around?

It'd be interesting to see if anyone who has site on here can also have a
look to see how the site is represented visually and is there any obvious
reasons why this is happening.

Thanks for reading and for your time and attention.