[access-uk] Re: [access-up] Re: podcast client.

  • From: "John Farley" <john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:46:42 +0100

Hi all,

You can get Juice to work in Windows 7, but it took quite a bit of
experimenting.

The issue, if I recall correctly, is that Windows 7 puts , for my id, a
folder into c:\users\john\appdata called ipodder where it keeps quite a bit
of data, including the comfig (.cfg) files.

The first time you open it up after installation it started up and allowed
the comfig to be set up. However, even if you put in the correct comfig data
it corrupts a name of one of the files; sorry, I cannot remember which one
it was now. It is reported in the log file it tells you to check. You can
correct that manually and then it works.

It is tricky, but Juice is easy to use and maintain the feeds it is probably
worth the effort if you can spend the time.

Regards, John

Contact on : (Home) john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        or : (work) john.farley@xxxxxxxx

Help raise funds for The Dacorum Talking Newspaper, shop at
www.buy.at/dtnhemel