Re: [access-uk] Re: Purchasing equipment and protecting yourself

  • From: Chris Moore <moore.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 00:10:32 +0100

Wow this takes me back in time. In 1982  my parents bought me a Commodore VIC
20         for Christmas.  They paid for it with their Barclaycard (I don't
think they had been out too long) and the computer died on me after 6 months of
use and the retailer at the time (Callers) went bust.  A letter written to the
credit card company ensured a brand new replacement.  I guess the law must have
been quite fresh in people's minds at the time.