[access-uk] a question regarding QuickTime Alternative

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 20:53:56 +0100

Hi all,

following the recent thread I started regarding a program
that would play .mov files, I did manage to find a free
download link for QuickTime Alternative, version 2.9.2, or
some such version number, although once it was installed it
wanted me to register the program, which wouldn't have been
a problem, except that at that point the program was calling
itself QuickTime Alternative Pro, which I wasn't expecting,
and judging by the screen, it seemed as if it would not run
properly until I had purchased the program, as there was a
button on that screen saying something like Buy QuickTime
Pro.

I've saved the download link encase I've misjudged the
program and I can register to use it free, but I would
appreciate some advice from any of you who followed my
earlier thread please.

Alexander Shannon