[access-uk] Re: a problem accessing google groups on the web.

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:47:50 +0000

Hi, I had no problems accessing Google Groups web page using JAWS. However, try either http://groups.google.com or http://groups.google.co.uk. Hope that helps.

At 21:58 01/01/2008, you wrote:
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can figure this out for me please.

I believe that some time last year, or maybe the year before, I set up a google account as I needed to do so to join several google groups. Most of the groups I subscribed to, (which I am still a member of), are working correctly as regards receipt of e-mail, however, I have joined a google group today which has a subscription process that relates to google.com rather than google.co.uk, (which I believe most of the other groups I belong to are linked to), and when I went online to check something regarding my membership settings on this new group, I could not get to either groups.google.co.uk, or groups.google.com to check anything.

I went in via http://www.google.com and also via http://www.google.co.uk however, somewhere along the line, I seem to either have lost my google account, or I'm going in the wrong way, as, when I get to either the .co.uk or .com google sites and try to click on the groups links to see which groups I am subscribed to, clicking on the link does not work on either site. Is it my access software (Supernova version 8.02), or something I am doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Alexander Shannon