[access-uk] ! Zooms - two new magnification solutions for your PC and mobile phone

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:02:58 +0100

No, I've no link to Nuance or anyone else, but I wondered if anyone's
come across a review as yet of these magnification  programs for
phones and PCs.

I haven't as yet looked into the price, but this is part of an email
that's come my way more than once now.  It might be interesting news
to some, old news to others, but any comments welcomed.
From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

Are you or do you know anyone who is vision-impaired? It?s a difficult
situation that can take the pleasure out of working on your PC or
mobile phone. But vision-impaired people have just as much right to
enjoying their PC and mobile phone as others! We are now able to offer
you two products that can remedy this situation: Claro Zooms for PC,
and Nuance Zooms for Mobile Phone.

  Claro Zooms for PC
Claro Zooms for PC (also called Lightning) is a handy new
magnification software for your PC. It magnifies instantly beneath the
mouse with a lens, a strip, or with vertical and horizontal split
screen. Whatever appears on the computer screen can be magnified up to
16 times. So you can also magnify video clips! You can change the size
of letters and pictures, or invert the screen colours for better
contrast.

There is also a USB version available for Zooms for PC. It comes
pre-installed on a USB memory stick. Zooms for PC starts up and runs
automatically when you plug the stick into any PC, and leaves no trace
behind when you take the stick out again.