[access-uk] XP folders and shortcuts

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "accessuk list" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:47:04 -0000

Hi all.

Just moved to XP ona  new Toshiba laptop and have a few basic problems.

Folder views.  I have gone into control panel after setting up a folder with
details view and view files by type.  The button to set all folders as the
present view is disabled.  As I want all my views to be in this format, is
there a way to get this button enabled?  I have tried resetting all to
defaults but that just puts it all back to a list view.  The machine will
not remember the folder settings for the usb flash drive either.

Shortcuts.  I have sent several shortcuts to the desktop using the context
key and selecting the send to option.  If I change the anme of this shortcut
on the desktop it will no longer work on the shortcut key I have assigned
it.  Returning the shortcut name to its original name then allows the
shortcut key to operate again.  This is particularly annoying as all my
shortcuts are now labelled with the words 'shortcut to' in front of the name
I actualy want for them.  This means I cannot press d for documents for
instance.  I have to press s over and over as it steps through selecting the
shortcuts on the desktop.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, the thing I miss most is my mind....