[access-uk] Re: Word dictionary language

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:18:52 -0000

Hi Steve & David,

The following is primarily for new document, but may help.

I don't have JAWS installed here at the moment.  I have
enough problems just finding my way round this infernal new
Office 2007 interface.  So bear with me as these are normal
commands.

In Word 2007, Alt + F opens the Office button which is in
the top left of the screen.  In the dialog which appears you
should find a button labelled "Word Options".  (In previous
versions Options was found under Tools)

Now with any luck, this dialog will open with "Popular" as
its default tab.  The dialog has a list of tabs on the left
hand side, and you use the up and down arrow keys to move
between them.  Once you are on the option you want, in this
case "Popular" you press the tab key to move to the right
hand side of the screen. Keep tabbing until you arrive at
the "Language Settings" button, and click that.

All things being equal, there are two tabs. Editing
Languages, and About Language Settings.  In Editing
Languages are two lists.  On the left a list of many
languages, and on the right, the Enabled Editing Languages.
Below that is another list box to allow you to select the
Primary Editing Language.

Tab to the Enabled Editing Languages where you will probably
find English and American listed. They are both installed by
default on a UK system.  Up down Arrow to the American
English entry to highlight it, and press Alt + R to remove
it.  Tab down to the Primary Editing Language, and make sure
"English (United Kingdom)".

Click on O.K.

George.