[access-uk] Wiring up the creative Soundblaster

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:55:53 -0000

Hi all.

I've just purchased, from PC World, the creative Soundblaster live 24 bit external soundcard, and a set of Logitech R20 speakers which have an additional large central speaker.

Audreyy from this list has been very helpful in terms of setting up my system to have two sound cards, but is not sure of the wiring for this set-up.

The sockets on the external  soundcard are as follows:

Back Panel:

C/sub

Rear

Front

Line in

Spdif out

Din

Usb

Front Panel:

Optical out

Mic in

phones

As mentioned above, my new speakers have an additional, and slightly larger center speaker, and when they are all wired together, I end up with a minijack, to plug into my sound card, but I don't know which socket it should go into.

Any advise would be very welcomed.

Best wishes.
Andy