[access-uk] Re: Wireless networking, still!

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 14:27:32 +0000

You are sure the router is working aren't you?
I know it sounds like a bleeding obvious suggestion but when I worked for Philips Service many years ago I remember sending a field engineer out six times to repair an automatic washing machine, he replaced virtually all the parts in the machine that could fail but still couldn't get it to work so I sent the senior engineer out with him and they discovered the fuse in the plug had blown. One very red faced engineer!

Regards,

From glorious Devon, England.

(Where the Sun always shines and all the children are above average.)

On 8 Mar 2008, at 13:13, Andy Collins wrote:

Hi all -

Please don't groan <smile> but I'm still stuck, unable to get my laptop to connect to the network, the message when I try to connect is: "Windows can
ot connect to [network SSID name]  wireless
association failed because Windows was not able to receive any response from
the wireless router or access point."