[access-uk] Re: Windows Media Player 10 and file sizes

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:23:17 +0100

Hi George.

That was nice of you to have a look for me.  I have never got myself into
those Play Lists in either Winamp or WMP  George as my taste in music
changes so rapidly.  I do however use GoldWave a lot to create CD's for
Pauline, to listen to in the car, so it's quite important for me to know the
size of the file.  For example, Pauline enjoyed listening to the BBC Radio 2
Sunday show, The Sounds of the Sixties, so I decided to record the show onto
a CD, so she can listen to it on her way to work.  If I use Winamp, in the
top left corner the display can either give you the length of the file, or
the remaining time as you listen to it.  In WMP, there does not seem to be
such a function.  I think the show goes on for 2 hours but there is no way
using WMP to know this unless you listen to the whole track of recording.
The BBC's Listen Again and Accessible Radio services require WMP, but I
prefer Winamp.  I'm afraid I'll just have to have both on my computer, and
perhaps, just use WMP for the BBC stuff.

Best wishes.

Andy