[access-uk] Which version of JAWS for xp Media Center

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:48:07 -0000

Hi all.

I'm currently using JAWS version 6 on a XP Home computer.  I have just
purchased WindowEyes version 6 and a new XP Media Centre computer.

I'm finding it very difficult making the change to WindowEyes as I am having
great difficulty understanding what WindowEyes is saying to me.  Although
it's great program, I really do think that on my set-up, WindowEyes is
running as an inferior product.  This may have nothing to do with WindowEyes
and everything to do with this new computer.  However, I'm beginning to
doubt myself and I'm considering moving back to JAWS.

I've been told by FS that an upgrade from version 6 to 8 will cost me about
£200, but as I now have a Media Centre computer, I'll most probably have to
go to JAWS Pro version 8.

Can anyone please confirm this and if possible, give me some idea of the
cost of this upgrade.

I hate to move back to JAWS after spending over £500 on WindowEyes, but I'm
simply finding the voice     quality on my computer so difficult, that I've
got to look at my options.

Any advice would be very welcomed.

Best wishes.
Andy