[access-uk] Re: Web development tutorials

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:42:25 -0000

Chris,

In addition, I recommend a book from the "Dive Into" series, which can be found here: http://diveintohtml5.info/

you might like to consider taking the HTML 5 and CSS course offered by CAVI (Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired). All courses are $150 a pop, and it does have the advantage of structured learning, in that there are assignments to complete, and you can ask questions and interact with fellow students.

They also run other web-related courses, including PHP, and the Wordpress CMS. Unfortunately they require a minimum of ten students for a course to run, and sadly more often or not these latter two courses don't run due to lack of interest. If you were interested to take one of these (especially PHP), we could do with the extra enrolment, since quite a few of us who have taken HTML really would like to take it.

I believe there is talk of them running a JavaScript and MySQL course, but as yet that hasn't come into fruition.

Hope that's given you something to go along with for now!

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Hallsworth
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 7:40 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Web development tutorials

Hi all,
Since it's going to be a quiet week around here before my 31st birthday
celebrations start next week commencing Monday 23 March, I am going to
have a go at some web development tutorials located here
www.w3schools.com
or google for w3schools, starting with HTML.
If anyone knows any other web development tutorials or courses,
preferably free, this would be very much appreciated. I may also look
into iTunes U as part of my research for web development tutorials or
courses.
Thank you, take care.