[access-uk] Re: @Web browsers

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 22:38:35 +0100

Hi Keith,

It’s been quite a while sense I’ve used Chrome but as no one’s replied as yet here goes. Please find answers below numbered accordingly.

1.Just type in Google search “download chrome” and the link to download will be either the first or second result in the list of results.

2.After installing, run Chrome and a dialogue box should pop up asking if you’d like Chrome to be your default browser.

3.It is Control L.

4.I never figured that one out. However, to get to the Bookmarks menu (this is what favourites are called in Chrome), press Alt and arrow down until you get to Bookmarks, now arrow right to expand the Bookmarks sub menu. Unlike most programmes, Chrome’s menu bar is a drop-down menu, akin to tablet applications’ menus. I don’t wish to muddy things, but after you’ve pressed Alt and arrowed down to open the menu bar, you can press B to jump quickly to Bookmarks.

5.Here are two I found online:

Tutorial: Using the Google Chrome Browser with JAWS or NVDA

https://www.ncbi.ie/tutorial-using-the-google-chrome-browser-with-jaws-or-nvda/

Web Browsing with Google Chrome: Introduction

https://yourdolphin.com/en-gb/support/tutorials/chapter?id=211

HTH,

Amro

On 08/04/2020 02:42 pm, Keith Clydesdale (Redacted sender k.clyde for DMARC) wrote:

Hi all,

Ever since I started using a computer I have used Internet Explorer.

All went well until about three weeks ago, when I E told me a web page wasn’t available, when I knew it was.

I have been recommended to use Google Chrome, but know nothing about this.

So, a very few questions, please:

1, Where do I find the program to download?

2, I presume that once downloaded and installed, I will be prompted which browser I wish to use as my default?

3, In I E, to open a web page it is Ctrl+o. What is it in Chrome?

4, To bring up my favourites in I E, it is Alt+a. What is it in Chrome please?

And, finally:

5, Can someone please recommend a good tutorial?

A little help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Keith

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq