[access-uk] Re: WLAN Problems

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:08:47 -0000

Well Saqib, I'm no expert but I disagree with your analogy! A hacker has to crack open the locks and bolts to get to your network, they can't just left the window frame as you say. You can change what type of security your router uses for your home network from within the router itself. And yeah, if you go into Network connections, Wireless... it will say WPA if you're using WPA. If it says only security-enabled wireless network you're then using WEP as far as I know.

A site that has some good info about home network security and how to set it up is

http://www.homenetworkhelp.info/index.php

HTH,
Amro
----- Original Message ----- From: "Saqib" <saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Message sent at 07:54:04 PM GMT on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3943 (20090317) __________

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3944 (20090317) __________

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3944 (20090317) __________

database 3944 (20090317) __________