[access-uk] Re: Trying to Read PDFs

  • From: Alfred King <alfredking10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:26:20 -0000

Open the pdf file.
Go to Print.
Select your printer in the drop down box.
Choose the K1000 virtual printer.
Then print.  This is not printing to a printer.  The K100 will then as best it
can, by means of the integrated OCR translate your file.  It will depend on how
long it takes, by the size of the file.  Your K1000 may start reading the
document, in my case I just stop the speech as I do not want to hear it.  When
completed K1000 gives a chime.  By then you will be ready to save your document
and you can choose to save it in K1000 or you may wish to save it as a Word
document.  I am presuming you know how to Save in K1000 if you have this
software.