[access-uk] Transfering music to a MacBook

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 19:14:36 +0100

Hi all -

I'm now trying to do this.

I have the music in a folder called music, in another folder called files and
folders, on an external drive. when I connect this drive to my Mac, it shows up
as a volume drive on the empty desktop. I can select the drive, and go to the
folder that contains the music folder where the music resides. My difficulty is
that everything on a Mac, seems to show up in tables, that functions rather
like a tree view, in that they can be expanded, but when I try to either just
select the music folder to copy and paste on to the Mac, or expand the tree
view from the music folder, so it shows all the albums in there that I want to
select, everything else in the table gets selected too, which isn't what I want
to happen.

So, if I have a folder of music, contained in another folder on an external,
how do I just copy and paste that music folder on to my Mac.

Hope that's clear. Thanks -

Andy