[access-uk] Re: The pure move DAB radio

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 19:15:52 -0000

Hi Andy

Yes that is unfortunate. Would you send it back to see if another one did exactly the same? I suppose there might be a slight variation between different radios of the same ilk. I know that the newer of my Move radios was ever so slightly less inclined to gargle and splutter while I was in hospital. The DAB signal in there was ok, but I had to re-scan the band a couple of times because it broke up a bit. I discovered the older one of the two was slightly worse for that on DAB.

One or two of the nurses asked me if DAB radio got anything else other than football on it, as they said it appeared to be always on when they came into sort me out. That really made me laugh. And some of them didn't even know about DAB, so they wanted to see what stations I could get on it. They also wondered how people with no sight manage to access digital radios.

DAB still isn't as popular as the media would have you believe.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx