[access-uk] Re: The Bug

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:06:26 -0000

Hi Damon

I bought my mum a bug last christmas as I thought it looked fantastic. It very much reminds me of the spaceships in the film war of the worlds.

As far as being accessible, I'd say it's not very. The display is an LCD type and Ican only just about make out what it says if I squint hard enough. All the stations are listed in alphabetical order so if you knew what station you were on and knew the list you could work through them to find the desired station. But thats a pain.

You access all the settings, such as sound, display, clock, tuning and recording via the menu. But again very tricky to learn.

The unit has built in memory as well as being able to support SD cards. The 5 minute recording is done in the background in a continuous loop, and only records the station you are listening to. So you can rewind up to a maximum of 5 minutes in the past. Which can come in handy. If you want to record for longer periods in a permanent form you would need to acces the menu and record to the SD card.

It's a great radio and looks briliant but is far from accessible..

Darren

----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>