[access-uk] Telephone Training

  • From: "Margaret Smith" <jamieboy46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access IT" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:34:03 +0100

Hello

A couple of weeks ago I read with interest all that people on this list had to
say about the merits and otherwise of training over the phone.

Since the demise of the old Tesco Access site, I have struggled with the main
site, ending up frustrated and fed up, simply due to my lack of basic
knowledge.  I finally decided to do something about it, so I rang Computer Room
Services and booked some time with Steve Nutt.  For the record, My bill is paid
and I don't expect to be offered shares in the company!  I have spent a couple
of hours this week, learning the basics of Tesco shopping as well as one or two
other things which I didn't understand.  I must report how impressed I have
been with the time, quality of training and expertise which my meagre payment
bought.

For some, in-depth training over one or two days is exactly what is required,
and I am sure, well worth the cost.  However, for many people, myself included,
for reasons of finance, time and concentration, this sort of training is simply
not viable.  One or two hours, on a one-to-one basis, at a reasonable cost,
seems to be an ideal alternative.  My purpose in writing is just to express my
disappointment that more service providers haven't followed this two-pronged
approach.

Well, I will now climb down from my soap-box and pour myself a large glass of
cheerfulness, before embarking on my first full shop on the main Tesco site.

Cheers!  All the best.

Marg.