[access-uk] Re: TVonics Freeview Box

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 22:29:34 +0100

Hello.

As far as I'm aware, the TVonics boxes that were provided free of charge did not have speech. Visually impaired people were provided with goodmans smart talk boxes which did have speech. The RNIB then went on to sell talking TVonics set top boxes as well as goodmans boxes, both of which we still supply and maintain at ViTech.

Cheers,

Mo.

On 04/09/2019 20:26, Darran Ross (Redacted sender darran.ross for DMARC) wrote:

*Hi List.*
**
*At the time of the digital switchover there was a scheme whereby certain folks were given free TVonics digital boxes. They were pretty distinctive what with their  wing like finish!*
**
*Can anyone tell me if those boxes had speech capabilities, or did you still need sighted assistance to access things like tuning etc? *
**
*I'm assuming not, but it came up in conversation last night and we couldn't recall whether or not speech was a feature.*
**
*Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.*
**
**
**