[access-uk] TV Red Button

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:29:00 +0100

Hi

Has anyone investigated the use of tvonics with the BBC red button
programmes?  I have the Olympics in mind, and I believe the BBC are covering
most events, many of which will have red button dedicated channel coverage.

I am wondering whether this is accessible using the tvonics talking freeview
box.  I am pretty sure it is not speech accessible, but is it possible to
down arrow to red button programme 1, find out what sport is on that
channel, and go on down until you find the sport you wish to watch?

I believe there is also a bbc digital radio channel totally for Olympic
coverage.  Anyone have details of where to find this?

Hope this is not too off topic.

David