[access-uk] Suggestions for podcasts which could benefit listeners without access to the internet.

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:48:39 +0000

Most of the UK's 2 million visually impaired people went blind with age.
75% of people over 65 don't have the internet.
Many podcasts and recorded sources of information are only available
via the internet.

That leaves a massive gap.

I believe I may have a solution, and I'm looking for 3 more VI or
disability podcasts, preferably UK-based, to showcase both them, and
the technology.

The podcast needs to be between 1 and 9 tracks, under 1 hour each,
non-commercial, not overtly political or religious, and legal, decent
and family friendly!

No need to upload anything - just prove ownership and then point me to
where your current tracks are, be it files or xml / rss podcast feed.

If the material is copyright and needs to be limited to a certain
audience, I can provide one "slot" with a 4 digit pin that listeners
would need to enter.

Please reply off-list and I'll fill you in with the details. Remember,
this is a tech demo, no charge is being made, but your podcast may
well get more publicity and listeners.

Thank you!