[access-uk] Sound card software help required.

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindwindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 19:59:26 +1000

Hi listers,
My desktop PC [running windows7 Home Premium] has some software on it called 'realtech sound manager' [or something like it]. This software, as far as I can figure out, must be used to control certain elements of the sound card [ones that can't be managed through windows directly]. The problem is that this software is quite inaccessible. There are many un-labelled buttons, sliders and links/images/custom controls which I can't work out. I have managed to configure the jack thingy on the back of my computer to be a line-in port [I call it a thingy as apparently it can be used as 'head phones', 'microphone', 'speakers', 'speaker front-left/right, right/back']. Does anybody know how I can get around this problem, or should I just live with it--I don't actually use the software that often, but am interested in what it can do. I am using NVDA; my sound card, as reported by device manager is 'Realtek High Definition Audio' and 4x'NVIDIA High Definition Audio'.

Thanks,
Thomas.
--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein