[access-uk] Software Telephones

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 21:49:13 +0100

Hello

This is probably one for those who either work, or have worked in a Call
Centre/Customer Service environment.

There's a possibility I could be commencing employment in a call centre, and
apparently software-based telephones are in use, together with other in-house
applications. I'm presuming these are similar to other Internet Telephony
applications such as Skype etc, to be honest I've only ever dealt with
conventional telephone units in the past. I'm guessing there's a chance that
some systems work better with assistive technology and take more screen reader
configuration than others, not that I'd really have a choice about this.

Also, I wouldn't mind discussing benefits and the current changes that are
being phased in, as making an appointment with  a DEA is a bit of a nightmare
here. Feel free to respond off-list.

Mark