[access-uk] Service Pack 2 Again

  • From: SHARON BOWELL <sharon.bowell1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:01:55 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

If George is around, can you help.

I installed my service pack 2, as you know, and all
was running ok until last night.

I am now unable to access the internet and receive
e-mail.  I contacted BT Broadband, and am informed
that there is a clash between the firewalls I already
have, plus the one provided in service pack 2.

He referred me on to microsoft, who informed me I need
to do something to my registry.  I did not do this
yesterday, as I had no sighted assistance, and did not
know if Jaws worked in there or not.  The guy from
microsoft is going to call me back this evening, and
talk me through what to do, as I will have my daughter
with me to read the screen.  I am a little unsure now
as to whether to go ahead or not.  Is it not just
possible to disable a firewall?

Can anyone help a rather desperate person!

Many thanks.

Sharon