[access-uk] Sending Again: Get_iplayer and Sam Cooke, again, I'm afraid

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:37:09 -0000

Hello Keith and all,

Re-posting from about 90 minutes earlier. If this also arrives blank, could
someone else try re-posting? Incidentally, the copy on the Freelists archive is
fine, it appears as is being re-posted here.

Paul Benson.

*  *  *

Hello Keith and all,

I use Guide and the listen again feature lists the programme title as:

"
The shooting of Sam Cooke - Dotun Adebayo investigates the circumstances in
which Sam Cooke was shot dead in 1964.
"

However, that is not completely accurate. Guide seems to insist the word,
which, is not perfect, my best guess is there is a stray character somehow
incorporated, and Guide resorts to spelling the word out. Probably nothing
important.

Here is the page for the episode on the BBC site:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tcmv1

Instead, here is a link which plays the episode immediately with the BBC
pop-out player using Hal, not precisely what you want, but maybe acceptable if
your method will not work?

www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b04tcmv1

Paul Benson.

From: Keith - Email Address: k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx