[access-uk] Re: Selling a JAWS licence

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:31:07 +0100

Hi Andy.

Well, so long as you will able to cooperate with the person to transfer the license when the time came, I couldn't see a problem, however good luck finding a customer.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Andy Collins
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 11:47 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Selling a JAWS licence

Ibrahim - How would it be if I sold version 13 to somebody, and they then did the upgrade and paid the transfer fee; would FS permit that? That might be worth it to somebody on an earlier version that can't afford to upgrade from where they are to 14, but could if they got 13 at a reasonable price from me -

Andy
On 24 Aug 2013, at 23:26, "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Andy.

Indeed, and Jaws 15 is just round the corner too. Its not worth the trouble, you would see a very modest return on the deal if any, in fact you'd probably make a loss given how people wont pay nearly the same on any of the trading mailing lists, at least the ones I use which are fairly representative.

All the best and sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

-----Original Message----- From: Andy Collins
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:13 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ibrahim - Thanks. It doesn't seem worth it then, if it will cost £75 plus whatever the upgrade from 13 to 14 is, maybe about 120 quid, so getting on for 200 before I've even found an interested party. Not sure what to do then -

Andy
On 24 Aug 2013, at 20:55, Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Andy

The cost to transfer a jaws license is £75, however you need to be running the latest version of jaws in order to affect a transfer. This means that you would have to upgrade to Jaws 14 in addition to purchasing the license transfer.

All the best, Abraham.

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Aug 2013, at 20:41, Andy Collins <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all -

I have a valid JFW13 licence that I no longer need. What would FS charge me if I sold it to somebody new? I've looked on the FS website, but can't find anything about selling/transferring licences. Of course, if anybody is interested in a FJW13 licence, then maybe we can come to some arrangement, but I really need to know how to transfer one, and what that costs -

Andy** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-