[access-uk] Re: Searching Word Documents

  • From: "Barry G" <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:33:55 +0100

Hi, whilst this is good and I didn't know you could do it, I use Google Desktop with JAWS all the time and think it's great, as it will search emails as well and it is very fast.

The Google Desktop search will even search documents that you have deleted as it indexes info as it works, so I have sometimes found that the info I was searching for has been deleted but I could get enough of what I wanted from the result of the search. My only reservation is that it clearly means that when I delete a document, the info contained in it is still buried in Google's indexing system somewhere!

All the best,
Barry G
----- Original Message ----- From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>