[access-uk] Scanning Personal Digital Radio

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:55:13 +0000

I will post this on both BCAB and Access Lists as this device has been discussed on both list. When I described the Personal DAB Radio available from Amazon recently I commented it as needing sighted help to set up the DAB scan.

I now know that this is not the case as I needed to rescan for stations this morning. It is a very simple process.

1. Press the Menu on the left  side underneath the
screen.
2. Press the down rocker twice.
3. Press the enter button.

That's it. After about 3 minutes your radio will have scanned in all your local stations.

What is happening on screen is that when you press the menu button you are presented with presets, channels and local scan as options. Pressing down twice will land you on local scan.
Pressing the enter button starts this scan.

You must of course be in DAB mode and have headphones as an antenna plugged in for this to work.

To ensure you are in DAB mode press the mode button until you hear an FM station or the hiss of FM frequency. Now pressing the mode button twice more will cycle you back through MP3 to DAB.

David Griffith

Radio Details.

GMYLE PPM001 RDS DAB-DAB+ Portable Digital Radio and MP3 Player with TF Card Slot and Built-in Battery Charger Amazon.co.uk