[access-uk] Re: SHIFT F5 IN WORD

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:35:29 +0100

Richard,

The keystroke is supposed to take you to the last three edits in a
document (when pressed repeatedly), rather than the last cursor
position, so you can't use it purely as a bookmark.

According to some experts there is a bug in Word 2000 and above that
means that the keystroke won't work on the last document saved before
closing Word; there is an explanation of the feature and a work around
for the bug at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm. The
solution requires inserting some Visual Basic code into the template.

I'm using Word 2003 and I find the keystroke works sometimes but not
always. I'm not going to bother with inserting the code, I've decided to
just live with it. I have noticed it can get confused if there is more
than one document open - sometimes it moves focus away from the active
document.

Steve